Centralising complex digital activity for a large charity
The outcomes to-date:
- Creation of integrated website code repository, testing and deployment infrastructure
- Re-design and development of their blogging platforms (key asset in their revised content strategy — it received a Drum Social Buzz Awards commendation in best blog category)
- Implementation and management of on-site multivariate testing
- Advanced Google map integration for live infographics
- Development and integration of interactive annual reports
- UX research, design and development of advanced campaign site pages
- Re-brand and re-integration of legacy microsite and campaign content
- Ongoing code, SEO and accessibility audits
- Ongoing research, and UX testing for donor journeys
The Children’s Society were refreshing their agency roster, and whilst doing so looking to appoint a central agency to ensure consistent, strategic guidance and delivery across all of their digital.
They were looking for a strategy-led, creative digital agency with strong enterprise level Drupal expertise, but they also needed an agency with a proven track record of delivering everything from in-depth user research, ‘real-life’ accessibility audits, and honest and insightful measurement. They needed someone with the experience to take on and sustainably manage their wide-ranging digital real estate.
Through some smaller projects initially around UX, content strategy and increasing user engagement, we were able to demonstrate that Positive were the right agency to engage as a central partner. Together we created a programme of activity to evaluate existing digital activity and get things stable so that the agency roster could be fully utilised and that the ambitious activities for the year could be achieved.
Positive now hold responsibility for managing all of The Children’s Society’s Drupal code bases and technical infrastructures (servers etc.). We liaise daily helping to define and develop digital solutions to some of their biggest organisational objectives. In reality this includes everything from day-to-day maintenance and integrity of their existing digital products, liaising with their other agencies (both generalists and specialists) as well as working with fundraising and marketing teams on new campaign and innovation products to be tested in the market. We work closely to implement a culture of user research, UX testing, effective analytical measurement, iteration and KPI reporting that is engaged at an organisational level.
“Since engaging Positive as our central digital agency, we are really making Drupal work hard for us. Their development expertise and advice is second-to-none and always thoroughly considered, so we can make decisions knowing they will be right for the charity.
Sophie Raeburn, Digital Project Manager